Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,813   Posts: 1,581,591   Online: 847

Shooter
    35mm

Ansco Suer Regent, shutter stuck open

"aka Agfa Super Solinette" and that should be SUPER in the thread title...I missed that the 1st time.

I acquired one the other day free for nothing, however the shutter is stuck open. I'm not familiar with folders but I am very confident in repairing it ( I have repaired both watches & cell phones for a living)..So is there any saving this little guy? or is this a parts camera?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    They are fixable - take the shutter out from everything else and soak it in Ronsonol. There is usually no need to take the shutter itself apart. If you want a you can lube the slow speed and self timer trains with some watch oil.

To get the front off the camera, remove the top cover - there will be two screws that go down into the front plate. Another two are under the leatherette on the bottom of the camera - symmetric with the top screws so you don't have to remove all the leatherette to find them. I found this out after removing all the leatherette ...

P.S.: Is this really a folder? The ones I am familiar with have rigid lens barrels.
    DARKROOM AUTOMATION
    f-Stop Timers - Enlarging Meters
    http://www.darkroomautomation.com/da-main.htm

Shooter
    35mm

This is the guy (has a wind knob, just missing in this picture)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by doomtroll View Post
    This is the guy (has a wind knob, just missing in this picture)
    That style I haven't pulled apart. The 120 folders have a locking ring holding the shutter/lens assy to the lens board, access is through the back with a spanner wrench. The whole blivet should come off in your hand. The shutter and aperture are usually integral. The 1/500th speed on this shutter is usually wishful thinking.
    DARKROOM AUTOMATION
    f-Stop Timers - Enlarging Meters
    http://www.darkroomautomation.com/da-main.htm

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin