Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,895   Posts: 1,520,948   Online: 918

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightproof View Post
    But more and more people are not willing to throw something away because of dead cell packs.
    I absolutely agree. I refuse to let my personal economics be driven by the replacement cycle imposed by a manufacturer who changes the format by just enough every 2 years that the new replacements won't fit the old devices. I do not have the personal income to support that luxury.

I do rebuild some battery packs and I have a fair number of them that are hot glued back together. But I am willing to pay for a fair market valued repair service - - I no longer have the time to indulge in all the stuf I once did.

Please let us know how you proceed. Thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I had an internet-based battery re-build outfit make a battery pack for a Rollei once and the cells they used were no-brand junk. I have never done that again. Now when I do it myself I select the proper Sanyo cells that work with the Rollei rapid charger.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I appreciate NiMH for their economy and being less toxic, but of the packs I've made up replacing NiCDs, I have to admit that NiCD had better shelf charge life. Any new-style low self-discharge NiMH yet in the oddball sizes sometimes encountered (e.g. can you readily get NiMH in 1/3A and 4/3A)? Too, if a device originally came with a constant trickle charger for NiCads, this won't be very healthful for cycling NiMH. Any thoughts about charging solutions, splicing proprietary plugs into an adapter for Universal Smart chargers?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin