Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,955   Posts: 1,586,030   Online: 756

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wirelessly posted (Samsung 2700: SAMSUNG-B2700/XBIB2 SHP/VPP/R5 NetFront/3.4 SMM-MMS/1.2.0 profile/MIDP-2.0 configuration/CLDC-1.1)

I have gossen spotmaster 2 lightmeter. Althought it has somewhat braindead usability design, it offers some good features that keeps me using it (built in zone system, flash metering, metering of incremental flashes).

BUT like with many gossen meters, the power cannot turned off. When touching any of the buttons, it turns on for a while which drains battery too often when meter is in the camera bag.

Easy fix would be adding switch to the meter.
    I guess that it is already done by many users of the meter.
    As i am not a DIY genius, i would like to hear how folks has done that insteae of banging my head against the wall.

Any examples?

Thanks,
    Jukka (yucca)

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    One thing would be easy to do: make a protective cover from balsa-wood if you have enough room for it in its bag or your camera-bag.
    Make it fit to size and than take out the wood at the knobs. Put an elastic band around it to keep it into place.

What I do with my Minolta Colormeter II is take out the battery after I have used it and put the battery into a zip-lock bag.
    Works too.

Peter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks, trying to balsa-wood. That is really good idea!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin