Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,665   Posts: 1,481,689   Online: 729

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank you Mark, you provide some valuable information for me to consider. I had thought of Flojet cutting and I do have DesignCad skills, I designed a complete rebuild of my single story two car garage into a large shop, car, and second story building. I built it myself also. I had a licensed engineer put his stamp on the plans for the beams and had a truss maker certify the scissors trusses. The rest was carpentering by the code. I spent a year learning the cad as I went along with the design. For the camera project I would need to scout out a shop to do the Flojet cutting.
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Medium Format
    What pieces do you need cut? I've been hemorrhaging money on my little mill and might be interested in doing some simple work to get a little out of everything I've spent. Do you have drawings of the pieces that you want? If it is simple enough (and small enough) to cut manually I might be interested.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I make a lot of camera parts on a Flow waterjet machine. You have to keep in mind that it is not "tooling" and is only as precise as the condition of the mixing tube and what grit abrasive is being used. The two shops I've used both choose a medium grit as a compromise between precision and cutting speed.
    It's good for locating holes in parts, but I suggest undersizing them, then go back to open, tap, countersink, whatever.
    Tracy Storer
    Polaroid 20x24 Studio West
    www.mammothcamera.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'm almost in same situation but with an 8x10. I was thinking to draw some of the parts in AutoCAD and order them to Dragonplate.com. They sell and cut carbon fiber sheets, plates and angle . . . .

Your thoughts would be appreciated!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin