Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,687   Posts: 1,548,637   Online: 1193

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Where to obtain a beam splitter in the UK?

I have an Agifold with a non coupled rangefinder.
    The camera is in really nice condition, but the rangefinder image is almost unusable, being far too dim. The front silvered mirror is actually not too bad, the problem was the semi-silvered beam splitter had lost most of it's silvering.
    It was just dust lying in the rangefinder housing.

I managed to find a really nice beam splitter at Edmond Scientific for $15 or so - cut up it would have fixed a dozen rangefinders, probably.

Alas - I went all the way throught the checkout proceedure until it came to enter my address... and you can only enter a US state. Then I noticed the 'We can only ship to the US' message

Since then they have been spamming me with 'you haven't bought the items in your basket, why don't you complete your order?' messages...

Does anyone know of a source for such a 50:50 semi-silvered mirror either in the UK or who will ship here?

Thanks.
    Steve

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    UQG Optics - Very helpful for custom sizes of all sorts of glass & mirrors. But not particularly cheap.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Edmund Optics has a UK arm which will ship locally and get VAT right. They are the technical optics bit of the old Edmund Scientific company.

Go to edmundoptics.com and the first thing you'll have to do is tell them you're in the UK. After that it's plain sailing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the answers, I have contacted both sites and both can help me out with suitable beamsplitters :-)
    Steve

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin