Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,905   Posts: 1,521,292   Online: 1217

Shooter
    35mm

Rollei 35S - doesn't release the shutter

I would like to ask you for help. My ROLLEI 35S doesn’t release the shutter. When I press the button it looks like it was locked. It cannot be hit. The camera was working well so far. Last photo was taken with the cable release. The lens was closed properly. Is it possible that I will be able to remove the failure by myself? Can I safely open (remove) the top of camera? What is possible reason of the damage?

Regards

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Be sure that when you open the lens, you rotate it all the way until it clicks into place. If it doesn't, the shutter will not fire.
    Eddy McDonald
    www.fotoartes.com
    Eschew defenestration!

Shooter
    35mm
    Thank you for answer. It is exactly as you said. In this situation I don't know how to proceed.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It sounds like you have a camera repair in your future. Where do you live so that a close by repair place can be recommended? Members of APUG are all over the world, therefore, we need to know your location.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Wujaszek View Post
    Thank you for answer. It is exactly as you said. In this situation I don't know how to proceed.
    Are you saying that it doesn't rotate, or doesn't "click into place"?
    If you look inside the back of the camera, on the right side of the lens barrel, at about the 3:00 o'clock position, you'll see a little catch. As you rotate the lens, a tiny hook inside the camera body should engage the catch on the lens. The hook is hard to see, it's behind a part of the interior; but if you push the lens release button continuously, you should be able to see it moving. If the lens does not turn far enough to engage the little hook, it will not lock into place, and your shutter will not fire. Another little bar on the 9:00 o'clock side of the lens prevents you from closing the lens unless the shutter is cocked.
    Hope this helps.
    Eddy McDonald
    www.fotoartes.com
    Eschew defenestration!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin