Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,771   Posts: 1,484,292   Online: 1139

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Now my Minolta SRT MC-2 is broken!

I have gotten a SRT MC-2 and I've noticed that the mirror will not come back down after the shutter fires until I advance the film. The shutter is working normally, just the mirror is sticking. Is this normal for this camera? If not, is it easily fixable, or something I should just live with?

Thanks,
    Michael
    Last edited by McFortner; 08-09-2009 at 11:26 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nope. It is not normal; it should return instantly. If there is much friction in advancing the film, I'd get it looked at. Of course, you can buy a SRT MC-II for about $40 or less, so it might be better to buy a replacement body and keep that one for parts.

That was the very first camera I ever owned; lovely and rugged. Don't toss it!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, crud. Now the darn thing doesn't want to shoot or advance. Just my kind of luck....

Man, I hate it when this happens. I wish there was a way I could repair it, but I don't think that's possible. And getting this shot off my spending cash for a month or so. It sucks being on disability.

Michael

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by McFortner View Post
    It sucks being on disability.
    Disability sucks.

Sorry that you have to deal with it.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    Disability sucks.

Sorry that you have to deal with it.
    Thanks. That's why I don't branch out into other formats and only use cheap film and developer. Gotta keep the costs down. I've got a few 127 cameras that I'm going to try using 35mm in to see how it works.

Now I just have to figure out how to save up enough to have this camera repaired.

Michael

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin