Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,546   Posts: 1,544,513   Online: 1146

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Wrong batteries in the 2N will affect meter needle position but have little effect on auto otf exposure. If magnet was not cleaned with the proper solvent it is still oily and may cause overexposure which increases with how long the camera has been sitting unused (with the shutter cocked). John

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi John, thanks for the info.

I may have an alternative explanation. The last 2 weeks in which I had overexposed shots, the room temperature was around 35 deg C in the room I use for developing. And it may be that developing temperature may have been a few degrees higher than normal...which may have caused the problems. I will have another look at the "problem negatives" to look whether the problem is overexposure or overdevelopment. During these two "hot weeks", I developed 3 rolls of the om-2n and just one of the canonet and none of my other cameras...

Anyway, I'm now in China for work for a a few days. I've shot quite a few rolls here. I will develop them when I get back home and hopefully see whether they are OK or not...

Shooter
    35mm
    So you're saying you develop B&W film assuming the developer is the correct temperature and don't check it with a thermometer? ahem.....John

Shooter
    35mm
    I use a thermometer to mix tapwater at exactly 20 degrees for rodinal. However, tank and film are at room temp and during my 17 min development, I leave the tank at room temp. Normally, this works ok, but maybe at these high room temperatures, the tank with the developing film increases enough in temperature to cause overexposure.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin