Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,745   Posts: 1,515,646   Online: 787

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sorry to hear of your bad experience Delphine. You could try your local Citizens' Advice Bureau for advice on the legal situation and how to proceed with negotiations. http://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/
    Regards,
    Richard.

RH Designs - My Photography

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser View Post
    Delphine, this won't help you but you might want to tell others especially those in the London area who the repairer is. It certainly doesn't sound like a place to trust.
    pentaxuser
    May be, though it is worth keeping in mind that a final outcome has not yet been reached, and that whilst yes I am being disappointed by the service rendered, it is not yet a dispute.
    Who knows, may be I am lucky, they give me a call mid next week as they said they would, and tell me the bellow is repaired, and they apologise for the inconvenience !

In my usual way of pre-empting the various outcomes/options, I am still debating the worse one to me, that is that that the retracting mechanism cannot be repaired, and I am refunded for a repair that never took place and end up out of my pocket with an out of function Mamiya 6 body, which as we know would cost me a lot to replace. And was I not to take the replacement option, I would then be left with 3 lenses which would have lost most of their value thereof.

Ralph - would you be so kind as to give me the contact details of the Mamiya centre in Munich, as I would like to give them a call to get a gut feel as to the repairability.

I thank you all for your advice & support, very helpful and appreciated, as always.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin