Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,328   Posts: 1,537,079   Online: 1072

Shooter
    Medium Format

Rolleiflex 2.8E Meter repair?

My lovely 2.8 hit the concrete last week, smashing the light meter window and rendering the meter unit inoperative. I've removed the whole unit from the camera and put in a blanking plate for now, but I'm looking for a fix or replacement. Can anyone recommend a UK (ideally) or Boston MA (at a push) repairer / dealer who may carry suitable spares.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The little plastic windows can be found occasionally (I have a spare), and the E type meter was sold as an accessory, so occasionally they show up (I used to have a spare one of those also, but got rid of it because I don't have an "E")

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I had my Rolleiflex 3.5F serviced at Newton Ellis in Liverpool. They did a superb job and I can recommend them highly.

www.newtonellis.co.uk
    I'm into painting with light - NOT painting by numbers!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    In the UK you could try,

Brian Mickleboro,
    6 Fairway
    Bishop's Stortford
    Herts, CM23 5LT
    em. bjmick@aol.com
    ph. 01279 755862

or

KL Camera Repairs Ltd, Rayleigh Tel: 01268-775781.

http://www.klcamerarepairs.co.uk/

I have not used them but have read they have a good rep.

I have used and can vouch for,

Jurgen Kuschnik http://www.jurgenkuschnik.com/

but he's in Germany.

Hope this helps,
    Jeff

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for the comments. I've contacted Newton Ellis but they don't have the spares. I've had another recommendation for Brian Mickleboro so I may try him next.

If the meter was sold as a standalone unit, did Rollei make a blanking plate too?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you know the repair part you need, contact Jurgen Kuschnik in Germany, or Oceanside Rollei Repair and/or Krikor in the States, They may have parts.
    I have used Kuschnik and Oceanside, and was very happy with both.
    Jeff
    Last edited by Jeff L; 09-08-2009 at 08:27 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by johnfromnorwich View Post
    Thanks for the comments. I've contacted Newton Ellis but they don't have the spares. I've had another recommendation for Brian Mickleboro so I may try him next.

If the meter was sold as a standalone unit, did Rollei make a blanking plate too?
    Yes, blanking plates were made for both the meter cell and the focus knob. So, that is a good idea; turn it into a non-meter camera. Finding these things will be difficult.

When I got my E 'upgrade' meter it came in the original box and it came with the sensor cell and galvometer and a little screwdirver.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    http://www.collectcamera.com/colcam/...php?ocat_ID=81

It looks like this guy has a meter cover for the E

Shooter
    Multi Format
    "BELAT" was the letter designation for the Rollieflex E-meter when sold as an add-on accessory. If you check the PDF manuals for the original Rolleiwide and TeleRollei, they show diagrams of the blank-out plates. These cameras were sold without the meter.

http://www.cameramanuals.org/rolleif...wide_angle.pdf

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin