Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,685   Posts: 1,548,593   Online: 1294

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you have it out of the case, look at the hairsprings and pivots at the pivots of the needle. One of two things may have happened when the glass was loose. The hairspring may have jumped a coil or the needle was knocked out of it's pivot.

If it's the coil use something non-magnetic & make it hop back, I use a toothpick or bamboo skewer. It is a very delicate spring & I think one of the most difficult items to get right.(my hands shake a lot) I rest the point on something solid for support.

If it's actually out of the pivot you may be able to pop it back in by putting a light outward presur on the pivot point & maneuver ing the needle back in place. It's easier than dealing with the hairspring.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Ian:

Sing out, if spare parts can help.

This is a non-functioning meter I bought years ago, just to figure out how to open the case.

Charley
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Gossen-meter.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    PM sent.

John the oil is a bit of a mess it's out of the pivot and damaged as well, so I've contacted Charley as the coil is easy to swap over.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Update

Thanks to Charles I've now managed to make a good meter out of the parts from two. It's this kind of help that makes APUG such avaluable resiurce.

(The delkay was due to travel etc).

Ian

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin