Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,828   Posts: 1,582,091   Online: 934

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by richard ide View Post
    One thing you could try is to put a very small dab of valve grinding compound on the tip of your screw driver. The abrasive digs in to the metal and helps prevent the screwdriver from slipping.......
    I learned that technique from an aircraft mechanic, and it really works! Just go slow, and put lots of pressure on a clean, sharp screwdriver. Good luck!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by John Koehrer View Post
    I've used a screwslotting file from micro tools. You just use a corner of the file to make the slot & unscrew the remainder of the screw.
    As I remember, the file ain't cheap, but yes, it is thin enough.
    I've just looked at that tool at the Micro Tools site and I might go ahead and get one. However, I'm not sure of its application in this case. An important point I failed to mention earlier is that these screws are countersunk down into the plate that forms the inside face of the film magazine. The screws are flat topped, and when completely seated their top surface is just barely below the face of the plate.

So, in this case perhaps the left hand bit...?

- jm

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Probably need to drill of the head and hope there is enough left to slot or grab with vise grips to remove the threads. Probably talking something like a 2mm or 3mm (#0 to maybe #2) screw, so there isn't a lot of material to get on.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin