Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,918   Posts: 1,584,733   Online: 809

Shooter
    Medium Format

Rolleicord I mirror dimensions

Hi, I've got a Rolleicord I 'Art Deco', however it's missing the mirror. Does anyone know the dimensions of the mirror for this camera? I've found this site that has mirrors, but I want to make sure I order the correct one. Also, could anyone recommend a good source for this part? Thanks for your help.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Cribbens View Post
    Hi, I've got a Rolleicord I 'Art Deco', however it's missing the mirror. Does anyone know the dimensions of the mirror for this camera? I've found this site that has mirrors, but I want to make sure I order the correct one. Also, could anyone recommend a good source for this part? Thanks for your help.
    Hey Mike
    Did you have any luck with the Rolleicord mirror? I have one in bits at the moment and can measure the mirror for you if you like.

Shooter
    35mm

Rolleicord mirror source

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Cribbens View Post
    Also, could anyone recommend a good source for this part? Thanks for your help.
    The cheapie Polaroid One Step cameras as well as all Polaroids have a mirror that could be "adjusted" to possibly fit.

Shooter
    35mm
    I've collected several Polaroids for their mirrors over the past 2 or 3 years. The majority have a trapezoid shaped mirror about 1.16" wide at the top, 2.5" at the bottom, about 2.56" high, and .047" thick. This is big enough to make a couple of 35mm SLR mirrors but I haven't yet found out whether it will do a MF mirror. There is also a very nasty Polaroid called a 'Joycam' or something equally silly which has a smaller mirror only big enough for one 35mm SLR, so avoid this one.

Shooter
    35mm
    I have an Art Deco mirror which I measured out as:

Length : 55.67mm

Small width : 32.20mm

Larger width : 48.30mm

Thickness : 1.66mm

www.FrontSurfacemirror/rolleicord.com offers a mirror as does http://www.uscamera.com/04265.00.0usc.htm offers a Rolleiflex mirror. Neither quite matches the measurements exactly. I think the USCamera would work if you could cut the top and shorten it by 1.0CM just under a 1/2 inch. this would then probably come closest to matching. I can't seem to cut the Polaroid mirrors .. too clumsy.. they always break in the wrong place!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    You can always buy a cheapie Polaroid and use the mirror from it. It will need to be trimmed slightly, which you can do yourself with a glass cutting tool from the hardware story. Practice first on some other glass to get the hang of it.

I've done this a number of times with different cameras, and it works fine.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin