Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,769   Posts: 1,484,215   Online: 923

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    What's the problem?

Just buy a roll of cheap slide film, shoot and develop it. If the slides are okay, you invested just a few euros getting an information of the properly working condition of an extraordinary tough camera!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I got a N90S off Ebay last month with lens and winder for $100 even.

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It wouldn't be economically feasible to have an older camera repaired, especially if a newer/better camera could be had for little more money, and you certainly wouldn't get your money's worth out of it if you tried to sell it later. But then I do this all the time, because I like the camera in question. The money just doesn't enter into it for me.

I had some shutter repair done last year on a couple of EOS 630, more expensive than the cameras are worth, but they're great cameras and they'll last me years yet.
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

Seahawks won Superbowl XLVIII.
    Next year's Superbowl is XLIX. Easier to pronounce than XLVIII. Sounds like XLAX.
    I hope that doesn't mean we won't be able to stop the run...

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    So you cleaned the shutter, saw nothing untoward, and now want to replace it?

*touches F80 shutter with cloth* WTF I'm not doing that again, what is it made of, tin foil?
    Last edited by ajuk; 11-19-2009 at 06:54 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    The F75 is a far superior Camera! so are the F65,F80 & F100, all available under $200
    Nikon user

"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing" Optimus Prime

Shooter
    35mm
    Yeah right. My N90(American F90) beats my friend's N80 in every respect except in autofocus.

Shooter
    35mm
    well my F100 beats my mates dinosaur F90 bla bla bla & the F75 is supposedly like a plastic F6, and the F6 wipes my F100's botty bla bla!! (Was Agostini better than Doohan?):
    Nikon user

"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing" Optimus Prime

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ajuk View Post
    *touches F80 shutter with cloth* WTF I'm not doing that again, what is it made of, tin foil?
    Nope, that one's made of plastic. As are the 55/65/75
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin