Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,998   Posts: 1,524,314   Online: 874

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    They'll know that it was dropped as soon as they open it up. It's a lot easier to just be honest with them and see what they can do for you at the service center. It could be something simple and easy to fix, but I'd consider keeping a better grip on the next one....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mhcfires View Post
    It obviously failed the drop test
    That was at 1 g. I wonder if it would have passed at 0.75 g's.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    That was at 1 g. I wonder if it would have passed at 0.75 g's.

Steve
    I dunno. I had a lens slip out of my hand and hit the deck from three feet and it now resides in the trash. Tile floors and lenses are not compatible, and sometimes I am about as graceful as a three legged giraffe with a trick knee. )
    Michael Cienfuegos

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them.

Shooter
    35mm

SB600 internal weakness to shock

When a Nikon SB600 is dropped and no longer turns on, it is probably because the inductor has been broken, as in: http://www.nslms.com/2009/09/07/like...sh-in-the-pan/

The battery assembly free-floats in the case and has a nice little tight cutout area that fits just over the inductor. So if it is full of batteries and shocked, this inductor can easily be sheared and broken.

All is not lost- I just fixed mine for under $25 - but that's because I ordered the wrong size inductor to begin with and also ordered a copy of the repair manual and parts list off eBay. I've posted details of the repair at the link above, although it is not for the unequipped or faint of heart...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin