Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,741   Posts: 1,515,564   Online: 959

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Minolta X-700 Shutter repair

Anyone out there had a shutter on their X-700 repaired?

So far, I'm hitting a dead-end.

KEH isn't buying and they've indicated that the shutter repair would cost more than they could reasonbly sell it for although, they didn't say how much that would be.

Shooter
    35mm
    Like many film cameras that go wrong, just buy another one as they are so cheap. For me, I strip down for handy screws or some spare parts.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You might try Garry's camera. Fixing my inoperable x700 and doing a CLA only cost around $50, as I recall.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I bought one for a friend with two lenses a while back for $50 on ebay.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Or google "x-700 capacitor"

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Or make sure the battery contacts are cleaned and not too compressed. Or make sure the shutter curtain is all the way over and parallel to the side of the film portal. If it is not all the way over and slightly misaligned all you need to do is to press it over with something and it should snap into place. The same with the inner curtain and the mirror should slap down as well.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mgb74 View Post
    Or google "x-700 capacitor"
    I have a tendency to agree with this assessment. I take good care of my gear. There's no reason for any corrosion or other gunk to have accumulated inside. It's probably a failed capacitor.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lilmsmaggie View Post
    I have a tendency to agree with this assessment. I take good care of my gear. There's no reason for any corrosion or other gunk to have accumulated inside. It's probably a failed capacitor.
    It's a very common problem with the X-700, and an inexpensive repair. If I were you, I would have the camera checked out and CLAd.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Chazzy View Post
    It's a very common problem with the X-700, and an inexpensive repair. If I were you, I would have the camera checked out and CLAd.
    Chazzy,

I agree. Speaking from a perspective of objectivity, I think it would be a waste to just do nothing. How long ago did you have Garry's work on your camera?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lilmsmaggie View Post
    Chazzy,

I agree. Speaking from a perspective of objectivity, I think it would be a waste to just do nothing. How long ago did you have Garry's work on your camera?
    About a year ago. At the time I didn't have to wait very long for the camera to be ready. I was told by another camera repair company that the camera couldn't be economically repaired, so I was very happy. That's only one person's experience, of course. I hope that you have the same good luck.
    Charles Hohenstein

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin