Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,646   Posts: 1,481,254   Online: 755

Shooter
    Medium Format

How to remove a reducing bushing

I just noticed that the Hasselblad 903 I bought used has a reducing bushing installed in the tripod hole, lessening the mount from 3/8" to 1/4." How do I remove it?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    There should be a couple of slots, one on each top edge of the bushing. I would take a slotted screwdriver that is sized, proper width, so as you can get it in and use both slots to take the bushing out.

Hope this helps you.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    If that doesn't seem correct then suggest giving Dave Odess a call.

http://www.david-odess.com/

Have a wonderful weekend.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A method I have used in the past.....take a 1/4" bolt .....put on a nut....run it up the bolt, now put a 1/4" spacer that about 1/2" long or some 1/4" washers (all available from a home diys center) thread the bolt in the bushing. While holding the bolt still, tighten the nut toward the bushing. It should tighten on the bushing without tighting the bushing any. then back the bolt out with bushing attached.
    "Nobody is perfect! But even among those that are perfect, some are more perfect than others." Walt Sewell 1947

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The bushings I have seen were slotted for a screwdriver. Yours isn't?
    Charles Hohenstein

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin