Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,930   Posts: 1,556,882   Online: 902

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by paulie View Post
    thanks for your help

i will test the lens spacing i think then i will rest :0)
    You could also test it as a convertable... try a shot with just the front or the rear elements. Your focal length and aperture will need to be recalculated, but it might help isolate the problem.
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    yeah ive used the lenses rear element reversed before and it worked well,around 350mm at f13, no hot spot, sharp in the center soft around the edges on a 4x5 view camera

unfortunately the extra focal length would warrant a complete new design and construction of my hobo

little disappointing, but i will live

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by paulie View Post
    yeah ive used the lenses rear element reversed before and it worked well,around 350mm at f13, no hot spot, sharp in the center soft around the edges on a 4x5 view camera

unfortunately the extra focal length would warrant a complete new design and construction of my hobo

little disappointing, but i will live
    The other option is to put it in a box and send it to me... That's the kind of stuff I love to mess with.
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    haha i think ill keep it for the rear cell reversed, thats a good combo anyways, i am going to test it one more time , if its no good i will revert to my 250mm pinhole

Shooter
    Large Format
    i today tested the lens reversed on a calumet and this has corrected the hotspot,great but how do i trigger the shutter, well...

my hobo camera is foam core so i just made a hole and pushed a shutter relaese through and glued it firmly with epoxy resin and graphite/Indian ink to light proof it

this now allows me to preset the shutter and aperture (thats no problem), i lock the shutter release to prevent accidental firing.

here is a shot i took tonight

1.5 hours f22 view from my balcony ,jordaan amsterdam

thanx for your help

i also have picked a couple repromaster lenses to play with

lucky me :0)

Shooter
    Large Format
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	68.9 KB 
ID:	16177

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin