Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,921   Posts: 1,522,070   Online: 794

Shooter
    Multi Format

Standard lensboard dimensions

Hello everyone,

I'm building a 4x5 and wondering if there is a "standard size" for lensboards? Perhaps the Linhof size?

Thanks in advance!
    Howard

The artist's world is limitless. It can be found anywhere, far from where he lives or a few feet away. It is always on his doorstep. - Paul Strand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You'd be best getting hold of a Linhof/Wista style board and building the front standard to take them, they have a ring on the rear that helps provide a light trap and so you need to get everything as close a fit as possible.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hello

I'd go for either the Linhof of the Sinar sizes. Sinar is nice as it is bigger but, on the other hand... it is bigger. This may not be an issue, except for portability. If you want to use BIG lenses (shutter sizes 3 and bigger), then may be Sinar would be better (but a #3 can also be used on a Linhof style lens board, if the rear element is not too big.
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks, I'll look for a Linhof board and use it as my template for sizes. It looks like there are some Originals as well as knockoffs on Ebay.
    Howard

The artist's world is limitless. It can be found anywhere, far from where he lives or a few feet away. It is always on his doorstep. - Paul Strand

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Long ago there were something like standard sizes. The most common was 4" square and 1/4" thick with a 1/8" deep and 1/4" wide rabbet around the edge. It was used on anniversary model Speed Graphics, many Burke & James cameras, Graphic View cameras, and countless others. These can easily be cut with just a table saw or built up from 1/8" plywood available at hobby shops.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin