Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,937   Posts: 1,585,640   Online: 807

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

I got this old Pentax with an issue

I picked up a Honeywell Pentax H3 for cheap a few years back and I had an issue with the mirror sticking up. Well, I solved that problem only to create another, I have jammed the film advance while dry firing the camera to work the lubrication in. The rewind button is sticking in as well.

The film advance worked great earlier so I am thinking something got mis- aligned somewhere along the way. Any experience with this problem?
    "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once and a while, you might just miss it."
    Ferris Bueller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sounds as though the little bugger needs a good CLA. The original lube has obviously petrified, and captured the mechanism, or possibly the little return spring.

Rick

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Did you try percussive maintenance?
    Rick Jason.
    "I'm still developing"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I agree on the CLA, however I think Rick might be onto something.
    "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once and a while, you might just miss it."
    Ferris Bueller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    To update, the camera is no longer jammed however the mirror is now sticking periodically in a variety of speeds.
    Ferris Bueller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The mirror is released when the second shutter curtain strikes a lever. If the curtain has lost tension over time(they do) it may not have enough oomph to kick it through.The adjustment is under the bottom cover, There are two ratchets one toward the front of the camera, one to the rear. These are the tension adjustments, as I recall the one to the rear is the closing curtain. If you try this, adjust it one or two clicks at a time.
    This assumes the mirror isn't sticking to the foam
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Large Format
    check the mirror buffer foam isnt sticky

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin