Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,927   Posts: 1,585,163   Online: 819

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

116 Film Spool Length

I want to make some spacers to use 120 film in a camera designed for 116 film. If anyone has a 116 spool, I would appreciate it if you could measure the length and let me know.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Steve:

Using a ruler (I don't have any calipers) I get a measurment of 72.5mm from outside to outside of the spool. The inner length is about 1.0 mm less.

Any chance your spacers would also work with 616 (same length but smaller at end) and that you will have extra?

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There's some 116 spools on Ebay quite cheap if you want to buy one Steve.

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks.

I think 616 is just slightly shorter than 116 but not by enough to matter, The diameter of 616 is smaller than 116 though.

I did think about using a 616 spool for take up and pack out the supply reel but it's not a big deal to make some spacers. Only one of them needs to engage with the winder so three of them are very simple.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin