Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,299   Posts: 1,535,780   Online: 715

Shooter
    Medium Format

Roamer I modifations / upgrade

I was digging through my large hoard of vintage cameras when I came across a Roamer I 6 x 9cm folder by the Universal camera company. Not a very good camera but it does have a better than average body over engineered in stainless steel and takes either 620 or 120 film. The biggest draw back of this camera is it's poor lens with a single shutter speed. So, off to the repair bench it went. I first pulled its lens and did a bit of machining to the front standard to accommodate the larger and more versatile Kodak Anaston lens which is also vintage. After fitting the new lens a finder was needed so I pulled a Zeiss finder from a Polaroid 360 land camera (Yes they used a Zeiss finder) The new finder was attached with minimal adjustments needed!. This was a pretty easy mod / upgrade to get a decent 6 x 9 with 120 film on the cheap! So, if you see any Roamers out there they can be a good camera if outfitted with a better/ modern lens. Just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by Joe Grodis; 01-05-2010 at 11:31 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    ------------------------------------
    -Joe
    RB67, ETR, ETRS, F4, F5, FM3a, A1, AE1,
    Bronica-S, Mamiya-7, Yashica TLR, & many many Range finders
    ------------------------------------

Shooter
    Large Format
    Show us some pictures please!!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by salihonba View Post
    Show us some pictures please!!
    Yes. Pictures please!

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin