Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,507   Posts: 1,543,543   Online: 1063

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format

How do I remove this JCPENNY lens....

HELP! I attached a 50mm lens, manufactured by JCPenny!, onto my just purchased Canon AE 1 and now I cant get the damn thing off. The camera came with three lenses all of which went on and came off without a problem. I have dismantled as much of the lens as possible. Had a jeweler attempt removal alas to no success.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Was the stop-down slide unlocked before you mounted the lens? If not, you might be able to unlock that and get it to come loose. another thought, did you try to fire the shutter? That may help as well. The main thing though, is the the stop-down slide(DOF preview) on the front left side of the body next to the lens. According to Canon, this must be unlocked prior to mounting a lens for just that reason. The tell is a red dot on the camera lens mount indicates it is locked and must be retracted. They also instruct to have the the film fully advanced before installing a lens. These are the only causes that come to mind.

Rick

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Whack it with a Sears lens.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Posted wirelessly..

Or a cheap Soligor.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Walrath View Post
    Posted wirelessly..

Or a cheap Soligor.
    Is there any other kind?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lismoreian View Post
    HELP! I attached a 50mm lens, manufactured by JCPenny!, onto my just purchased Canon AE 1 and now I cant get the damn thing off. The camera came with three lenses all of which went on and came off without a problem. I have dismantled as much of the lens as possible. Had a jeweler attempt removal alas to no success.
    Is it an earlier breech-bloc lens? If so, and it was put on before setting the breech bloc to the fully open position, only a camera repair person can get it off. I know. It's happened to me.
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    Whack it with a Sears lens.
    I tried that- one of the 3 lenses that this camera came with is a Sears zoom lens. Maybe I should whack it! from a distance.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Is the lens aligned properly? With the focusing index at the 12 o'clock position.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Anscojohn View Post
    Is it an earlier breech-bloc lens? If so, and it was put on before setting the breech bloc to the fully open position, only a camera repair person can get it off. I know. It's happened to me.
    I do believe that this is may be the issue. What tool does the camera repair person have? I have removed the glass, am left with shell attached to the camera.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by John Koehrer View Post
    Is the lens aligned properly? With the focusing index at the 12 o'clock position.
    please expand on this. I cannot align the little red dot to 12-it does not wish to go there. What I did notice was that the fstop ring which is right before the lens mount ring has...i dont have the lens in front of me right now. May have to respond tomorrow.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin