Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,585   Posts: 1,545,799   Online: 1111

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    4x5 Format

My Home made 4x5 P&S Camera

I made this camera with parts of a Cambo Portrait 4 lenses camera, plywood and some other cheap parts, like drawer handles. The lens I used is a Schneider Super Angulon 47mm XL wich covers 4x5" without much room for movements. It's fixed focus, I fixed it for 3 meters (about 9 feet). For fixing the right focus distance, I used 3 plywood sheets wich I will change for an exotic wood one with the same thickness of the 3 sheets.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Cool! I'm not at all handy...couldn't hammer a nail to save my life.

Have you considered using this for street photography or more impromptu shooting?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good job, and nice pic. Looks like a super fun camera!

How far were you from the cliffs?
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Images
    That is pretty. I am a sucker for nice woodwork. The image cool too. Good job on both accounts.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Wow. Just wonderful work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nicely done! I wonder if you could find a better option for focusing? I was thinking the rail out of an RB67 might work well for a DIY camera, they're dirt cheap now.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I don't think a focusing mechanism is needed for a 47mm lens on 5x4. I was considering hyperfocal focus for my 6x12 format camera with a 65mm lens (link below) but in the end I modified part of an Olympus lens to do the focusing.

What did you use for a viewfinder? I made mine from some spare lens elements.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    35mm
    Beautiful camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Excellant work on the camera and good image. Very impressive.

Jeff

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Corneau View Post
    Cool! I'm not at all handy...couldn't hammer a nail to save my life.

Have you considered using this for street photography or more impromptu shooting?
    The camera was built with that in mind, too. I'll have to buy a box of HP5+ for that purpose...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin