Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,699   Posts: 1,482,567   Online: 889

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you check out this link, your question will be answered.

www.subclub.org/darkroom/roll110.htm

Rick

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Rick, that article is about re-loading a type 110 cartrige, simulating the original type as much as possible.

My idea goes further in leaving out that backing paper and installing a pressure plate in the camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Okay, but where would you locate it? Would you cut the backs from your cassettes, and place it on the camera back? I have a Rollei A110(that is waiting for some money to show up before I wave bye-bye) I'll study it --hmmm... Oh ya, what about the window? That would be easy enough to block, hmmm......

Rick

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Oh ya, I remember why the link-- film speed and indexing issues. Plus I thought you might access other info from that site to help you with your idea..

Rick

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I may have missed the point of the original post.

If you want to convert a Pentax 110 SLR to 16mm that would really be a fantastic project! From my own experiences building and modifying cameras, I'd say it would be similar magnitude to putting a 4x5 back on a Polaroid. Not impossible, but still a good deal of work to get right.

I'd get ahold of Minolta or Rollei or other 16mm cartridges and see how hard it would be to modify the camera to make one of those fit.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My idea was to keep modifications as few as possible. So the idea was to modify the 110 cartridge by milling a hole in the back to give space for new pressure plate installed at the camera back.

I did not think of installing other cartridges, which would certainly need much more camera modifications...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin