Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,478   Posts: 1,571,067   Online: 1119

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Vintage Plaubel Makina Service Where?

Does anyone know of a good place to send a vintage Plaubel Makina for service and repair? I would like to get the shutter of a Makina ll serviced and may have one that needs some help with the rangefinder. It may need to be a person with experience in Makinas since they look like they may be hard to get inside of.
    I'm in the USA.
    Thanks you!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Nippon Camera repair. 920 Broadway, nyc, 212-982-3177. They're trained repair people for this camera. A cla runs around $500 last I checked. They also have a considerable amount of spare parts.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I'm glad they are trained in this old camera. Part of the battle is finding someone who still knows how to work on the vintage Makinas. Did you really mean $500 for a CLA?
    Robert

Shooter
    Large Format
    Yeah...somewhere in that neighborhood for a full cla which means they go through everything and recalibrate the rangefinder. Although it can be a lot less for the repair of specific problems..e.g. Nippon replaced my makina ii viewfinder window parts and service $275. They really do excellent work...totally worth it.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin