Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,769   Posts: 1,516,492   Online: 799

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Modified Kodak Baby Brownie Special

I got this camera a while back from everybody's favorite online auction site. When it arrived, I found out it didn't have the lens. I played around with the idea of making it a pinhole camera for a while, but decided not. I went through my junk camera parts and found a rectangular solid viewfinder lens that when placed behind the shutter would focus on the film. I also replaced the missing camera strap with the outer layer of a boot shoe lace (a trick picked up from people who use them to make cloth covers for homemade audio cables).

The pictures ended up being nearly square in shape and fit just between the sprockets of 35mm film. I just wind the film on a 127 spool and load it in my changing bag. A couple of layers of black electrical tape cover both sides of the red window on the back. So now this old, broken camera is a 35mm box camera.

Michael

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here are a few pictures from my first roll of film through it.

Michael

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just picked one of these up at the local antique place in great shape and am hoping to use 35mm in it. How do you know when you're to the next frame after you shoot one? how many winds for instance?
    j e s s i c a | d i t t m e r

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just go by how many turns. I had an exposed roll of film that I put in it and measured how many turns to advance the film.

epp
    Shooter
    Holga
    I have one that is 70 years old. The shutter still works. Today, I found a roll of Efke 127 B&W film, so I plan on using it again, even if it will only give me 8 exposures.
    --
    My Holgas:

Holga 120N
    Holga 120TLR
    Holga 135
    Holga 135TLR
    Holga 135 Pan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Michael,
    Great job you did! I like the pics. It's gotta be a lot of fun, doing that stuff.
    2bits

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I liked the camera very much , its looks like childrens money collecting toys , so 1940s also. Proportions , curved corners , small viewfinder that I love since Leicas , very nice finish and the strap all are wonderful.
    I think color film experiments will be a joy , may be with velvia.

Good job!

Umut

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin