Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,712   Posts: 1,482,974   Online: 894

Shooter
    35mm

two missing screws in lens help please

my minolta z-700 has a vivitar sms 80-200 mm 1:4.5 mc macro focusing zoom
    no.77210559

and is missing two screws this makes the f stop section wobble a bit

dose anyone know what screws are needed to replace them
    here is a pic thank you

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'll bet there are folks out there with good collections of little screws, but I usually look for something that matches from a junk lens or camera. Most seems most of the German and Japanese stuff I have encountered is metric and potentially interchangable.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I bought four bags of surplus screws and parts... paid too much... can't use one single piece. What I'm saying is think teice before buying pricey grab bags because you're not likely to get what you need.

Do you have a local camera/lens repair shop? If not... any specialty fastener stores nearby that have a large selection of small screws? Maybe a RC model shop?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I had some success recently buying a bulk bag of micro screws and bolts from a model aircraft dealer - they are used in plane engines and the like.

Shooter
    35mm
    Can't tell from the picture, what size setscrew is it? Could be 2.0mm, but if it's like most Olympus I deal with, I'd guess the hole is 1.7mm. I can supply these if needed. Make $10 payment to paypal (if shipping address is in the US) (omtec1@verizon.net) and I'll mail you 2-1.7s of medium length. John, www.zuiko.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hermanson View Post
    Can't tell from the picture, what size setscrew is it? Could be 2.0mm, but if it's like most Olympus I deal with, I'd guess the hole is 1.7mm. I can supply these if needed. Make $10 payment to paypal (if shipping address is in the US) (omtec1@verizon.net) and I'll mail you 2-1.7s of medium length. John, www.zuiko.com
    thank you for the kind offer but im in the uk
    Leave nothing but footprints.Kill nothing but time.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin