Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,721   Posts: 1,514,930   Online: 1088

Shooter
    35mm

Mamiya M645: How to disassembly PD finder?

In fact, it's almost done.

The only thing which remains is the finder release button. My guess is I need to unscrew the bottom cover (where the 4 electrical contacts located) and then push something inside, near this release button... Does anyone have some idea?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi Yuri - from memory (it's been a while) there's a black cover over the release button. Use the edge of a screwdriver/scalpel etc to peel the cover off - there's a flat screw underneath - unscrew it and th eknob will come off - you can them remove the cover.

As I said it's been a while since I've had to pull one apart, but from memory you didn't need to pull the contacts off toget the cover off the prism

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi Andrew, many thanks! By any chance - can you point this out, because I've tried (carefully), but was unable to peel off anything:

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi Yuri

it is the black cover on the actual silver knob itself - put a fine screwdriver on its side and unscrew it - then you can get the screw out, and the knoB off - then you can remove the top cover.

Hope the pic helps

Cheers
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MAMIYA PRISM.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I forgot to mention (and I'm not sure), but I think it may have a backwards thread on the screw - hold the knob with some pliers, then try to unscrew the screw conventionally - if that doesn't work then try going backwards

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi Andrew

It *does work*! Nicely

I was confused with this cover material - a metal, not plastic. So I decided what it was the knob body, doesn't a cover I could spend years for guessing )) Thanks a lot!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin