This prototype camera moves on apace! I've made the front sub-assembly that will allow the front lens assembly to rise and fall. That meant fitting a frame into the front of the front standard (box), inserting a locking screw and milling a square hole to accept the locking screw.
The front view showing the frame and locking screw / knob. This will have runners down either side of it to allow the lens panel to rise/fall.
The locking screw is a brass M4 pan-head screw, that has had the head ground to form two flat surfaces. This head will then fit into a milled recess in the back of the sub-assembly...
...and here you can make out the recess with the locking screw fitted.
I've just managed to sneak into the workshop for 15 minutes so that I could make the front runners. The front end of the camera is starting to take shape now that I have cut and installed the front runners. These will allow the lens panel to slide up and down, providing rise / fall movements.