Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,963   Posts: 1,558,343   Online: 830

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jon.oman View Post
    Any test images yet? Any problem with light leaks with the box-in-box?
    Just another bump to see some images! As you can tell, I'm interested.

Jon

Rom
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi,

Very interesting thread. Congratulation for your work.
    I suscribe to the thread to see the following steps. Many thanks for sharing.

All the best

Rom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi all,

Apologies for the long time away - I gave up on photography for several months, in part due to the fact that the library lost 15 of my cyanotypes following an exhibition (that I had shot specially for the library) and partly due to other things. Anyway, at the weekend I finally painted the interior of the camera flat black - I used a gouache paint mixed with a tiny amount of water (Lamp Black was the colour).

And then... drum roll please... I couldn't resist taking the first picture with it!

No, I know the subject is pretty dull but it is the first picture from my sliding box camera and I developed the 9x12 sheet film in Caffenol so it's very grainy. But here it is...

and here is a crop...

Excuse all the development marks, I was being impatient! Which is ironic really after putting the camera into the back of a wardrobe for several months!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jon.oman View Post
    Just another bump to see some images! As you can tell, I'm interested.

Jon
    Hi Jon,

No problems with light leaks as far as I can tell, although there is good overlap between the two boxes.

I waxed the exterior of the camera, and the two boxes now slide in and out very smoothly. It still looks a bit daft with that lens on it though, it needs a brass lens ;0)

David.
    Creative Image Maker e-magazine is back! Find out more at http://creativeimagemaker.blogspot.com

Thank you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    David,

I'm glad to see the first image! It looks like you have a functional camera. Great job!

I have started to plan my own. If I get anywhere, I'll post some images of it here.

Too bad about your cyanotypes. Maybe someone is still enjoying them, although they should return them!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin