Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,824   Posts: 1,581,957   Online: 941

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    An eyepiece diopter is the right solution for seeing the whole screen with a non-hp finder. You need to be able to get your eye's pupil the right distance from the eyepiece and glasses prevent that from happening.

I have a diopter in my finders even though I wear glasses when using the camera. I am nearsighted, but my accommodation has gone to hell and with distance glasses I find it a strain to focus as close as 1 meter. A +1 (marked '0' in Nikon-Speak as the combination of a -1 prism and a +1 lens is 0) moves the apparent focusing distance to infinity, where my corrected vision is better. I can only see the whole screen with an hp finder, but don't find using the non-hp finders on my F2/DE-1 and FM2 a problem when wearing glasses - the big difference was the use of a diopter lens.
    DARKROOM AUTOMATION
    f-Stop Timers - Enlarging Meters
    http://www.darkroomautomation.com/da-main.htm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I fabricated +1.25 diopters for the same reason as Nicholas L, and using dollar store reading glasses as a source of lenses gets you much a much finer range in lens selection compared to finding discontinued/used or nonexistent Nikon products. Not to mention a $2 pair of reading glasses nets two lenses.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin