Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 72,549   Posts: 1,599,024   Online: 826

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've put all those useful links for rack & pinion on the Flickr 'Camera Building' site too!
    Creative Image Maker e-magazine is back! Find out more at http://creativeimagemaker.blogspot.com

Thank you.

Falkland Islands: not any more now I'm in Lincolnshire UK
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    I need some rack and pinion to complete my latest camera. I tried MacMaster, they have exactly what I need. 1/4" sq. rack, but they will not post outside of america! I tried Smallparts website but they give hardly any information on sizes. Davall gears I used years ago, they were expensive then but I have not checked recently. I have found someone offering 'Delrin' racks. Has anyone any experience with this material. I dont fancy the white colour but if they do the job..... Can anyone advise me please?
    Thanks, Norman

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sv@diycamerakit.com View Post
    ... but can't find or make? What was the part you had the hardest time procuring or manufacturing?

It's an excellent question, I emailed you recently about a kit for 11X14 bellows but you don't have printer large enough for the pattern. If you could get a cheap printer then you're in business for the larger bellows sizes.

I've made them in the past so I'm going to be making them in the future but i would like to see a kit, I'd try one.
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I almost forgot, camera back springs, all sizes, stainless steel.
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    May be you can order some of your parts from SLA rapid prototyping , there are some cnc people who draws your part to CAD free if you are ordering part from their machines. May be RP guys do also

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Lately I seem to have caught the fixing/rebuilding/modifying bug myself. There's just something fun about working with inexpensive and usually very primitive older cameras, or "toy" cameras; trying to get them functioning again as serviceable image makers. (yes, it's a disease; I know :rolleyes. It was modding my Holga that got me started off in the first place. Then I had to get a second one to try out a few more ideas I had. And then more recently I bought an old Universal Camera Corp. Meteor (now there's a quirky little camera for you!), and have been spending just way too much time disassembling it, figuring it out, and then rebuilding and modifying it.

Anyway, to answer the original question, I find myself often fighting with the little torsion springs in the shutters on these cameras - bending and twisting them trying to get back to normal shutter speeds, or better yet a little faster. But they are fragile, and a pain to work with after getting twisted out of shape. So I wish I could get my hands on an assortment of appropriately sized torsion springs. I see that there are places where they can be purchased individually, but it is a pain to buy them that way and usually I don't know exactly what I need anyway. I just want to have a selection to try out.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin