Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,226   Posts: 1,532,677   Online: 809

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Near Tavistock, Devon, on the edge of Dartmoor.
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by steven_e007 View Post
    I have a half formed idea about cobbling together an Agifold webpage, or something - after all, for such a common camera they have very little info on the net.

Steve
    As, when and if you get around to that (I know what it's like with all these littlle schemes and ideas!) I have a couple of printed adverts for Agifolds that I bought off ePay a while back. I'd be happy to scan them for you if they'd be of any use.

Best wishes,

Steve

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OK, for the benefit of anyone else who might in the future tackle an Agifold, I can now answer my own question:

The range-finder (and presumably the viewfinder on the basic model) on the cameras where the assembly doubles as the door catch,is held in place with a single screw, accessed from above, under the covering.

To remove the covering required alcohol (I used methylated spirit). Lighter fluid didn't touch it at all - does this indicate it is shellac?

A very sticky, gooey mess it made, too. After that it was fairly straightforward to service the range-finder.

PS. Still haven't noticed the shutter button to be stiff on any of my cameras. I reckon either the shutter or a bent linkage must be to blame...
    Last edited by steven_e007; 04-23-2010 at 01:21 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: PS
    Steve

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin