Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,804   Online: 835

Shooter
    Multi Format

repair persons for Russian cameras?

I live in the US. I have several Russian cameras including one or more copies each of the Kiev 60, Zorki 4, and Zorki 4K. Who are some good repair persons for Russian cameras? US repair shops would be of most interest, but international ones may also be of interest. If possible, list more than one repair shop.

I just had a couple of lenses for my Kiev 60 cameras repaired by someone here in the states that does a lot of work on Russian cameras, and overall the process was not very satisfying on several counts.

Thanks.

Alan

Shooter
    35mm RF
    google `fedka' as a start
    regards
    CW

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good morning, Alan;

I have heard of only a few in the United States. Eddie Smolov in New York. Another fellow who now works out of his home or apartment in Booklyn. The guys at KievUSA in Connecticut, but I am not sure about the status of the company right now.

If desired, I can dig and come up with details on these, plus a couple in Eastern Europe and Russia. Steve Ash in England is also a good resource.

It does seem that finding a good camera technician is getting to be more difficult.
    Enjoy;

Ralph Javins, Latte Land, Washington

When they ask you; "How many Mega Pixels you got in your camera?"
    just tell them; "I use activated silver bromide crystals tor my image storage media."

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Here is a repairshop in Moscow that does great work and isn't too expensive. They would probably accept mail order, but I do not know if they speak English. But why not give them a call to check out?

http://www.kamepa.ru/

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    Hi Alan,
    I can highly recommend Eddy Smolov from NY. He did great job on my 35mm RF Kiev and few lenses.

Edward Smolov
    1660 E.21str. #3D
    Brooklyn, NY 11210
    USA
    Tel: 347 922-7275 or 718 541-0952
    <123camerarepair@gmail.com>

I hope this will help you!
    Goran

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Visit Leica Forums. There are many repair persons who can disassemble a Leica lens and rebuild again.
    I am talking about official forum. There is a British woman who is the top.
    But your cameras are very cheap at the market and sending to England or East Europe and get back exceeds their prices.
    You can sell your cameras and put the repair and postage fees on them and start to use the originals not copies. And their prices always climb.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I have used Oleg Khalyavin on a number of occasions with excellent results. He has serviced bodies and lenses (he no longer takes on lenses separately according to the information on his site). Not local to you, he is 100 miles east of Moscow, but this has never been a problem for me, based in the UK. See www.okvintagecamera.com for more information.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Eddy Smolov did up my Contax II just right, and when my Horizon panoramic went wrong he fixed it. But by the time it got to me it had unfixed itself, so I sent it back to Eddy and he took care of the problem without complaint or delay. I don't hold it against him at all that the first fix didn't take, as things like that can happen. He addressed the issue properly and definitively thereafter. I'd certainly use him again. Nice guy.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good suggestions. Thank you all very much.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin