Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,533   Posts: 1,543,992   Online: 1007

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Well, the interest in the shade is too low for me to proceed with this. Actually, the interest in DIY camera anything is much, much lower then I anticipated. I might have to cut my losses and move on.
    Sorin

__________________________________________________ __________________________________
    Frugal Sorin Blog - Last article : light proof material (for darkroom, changing bag, focusing cloth,etc)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sv@diycamerakit.com View Post
    Well, the interest in the shade is too low for me to proceed with this. Actually, the interest in DIY camera anything is much, much lower then I anticipated. I might have to cut my losses and move on.
    That's very strange. I thought that you would probably do well with the bellows kit.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Chazzy View Post
    That's very strange. I thought that you would probably do well with the bellows kit.
    That's what I thought. The demand is just not there. I'll go on at least until my current stock of material is depleted, then I'll re-evaluate.
    Sorin

__________________________________________________ __________________________________
    Frugal Sorin Blog - Last article : light proof material (for darkroom, changing bag, focusing cloth,etc)

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Dont give up, there have been other businesses started that catered to the analogue crown that did very well. Satin snow, camerabellows.com, camera leather, interslice seal replacements.
    I think it will take some time to gain trust and find a niche. Remember that many here are pessimistic old farts.
    Go not to the elves for counsel, for they will say both yes and no.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I thought it was a good idea and wood have tried it if it was available. for a 5x7.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    That's too bad, Sorin. You are providing a real resource.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thank you guys for support, if I can make it work, I'll stick around, it just doesn't seem like that's the case right know, at least not in this format (price structure, amount of support, etc). Oh well, I didn't mean to whine, it was just a small business idea.
    Sorin

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by mike c View Post
    I thought it was a good idea and wood have tried it if it was available. for a 5x7.
    Well, it still is for now.
    Sorin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sorin,just thought about changing back from horizontal to vertical could be a problem.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Now that you have done some market research ,go back to the drafting table and redesign and work the bugs out Sorin.Then present it again to us.
    Mike

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin