Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,921   Posts: 1,584,915   Online: 993

Shooter
    35mm

Minolta MC 35mm/1.8, Slow Diaphram

Greetings,

Have a Minolta 35mm/1.8 with a diaphram thats slow to open and close. Anything I can do myself to make it snappy again

Thanks,

Bill

Shooter
    Multi Format
    awsome lens - sounds like oil either on the diaphragm blades or stop down mechanism - only way to fix it is to stip and clean the lens...

If you've never pulled a lens apart this is one lens I'd leave to a pro repairer...
    A camera is only a black box with a hole in it....

my blog...some film, some digital http://andrewk1965.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have one and it's a great lens. As mentioned there might be oil on the blades which would require taking the lens apart. Not an easy task unless you have the proper tools. Perhaps just exercising the lens manually might free it up.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think you would be very foolish to attempt to fix such a fine optic yourself, it's a job for a professional.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well, people flush clean shutters don't they? No, don't go pouring lighter fluid into the helical.
    Remove the lens groups & clean the aperture blades with q-tips. Front and rear.
    If the oil's in the blade housing it's not going to help, that requires removing the blades & resetting them on reassembly.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin