Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,567   Posts: 1,573,481   Online: 762

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Perspective Control with EOS Analog

There are many lens mounts which built to mount different brand lenses to different brand cameras. Is there such a moving mount for perspective control at Analog EOS 1000. I know different solutions from germany but they are very complex and expensive.
    I know flexible plastic DIY solutions but they lose sharpness at somewhere on the image. I need solution something like rail LF cameras.

Thank you ,

Mustafa Umut Sarac

Istanbul

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think a perspective control lens would work. They're really expensive.

http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/co...&modelid=18174

Good luck!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa Umut Sarac View Post
    I know flexible plastic DIY solutions but they lose sharpness at somewhere on the image.
    Sorry I don't have an answer for you but a complex and expensive system will lose just as much sharpness somewhere on the image - all they do is hold the lens off axis somehow, but probably more steadily than a lensbaby or whatever ... But it's the same ol' photons hitting the film, unless you're talking something I don't know about (?)
    Cleared the bowel problem, working on the consonants...

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Yes , Nick , You are right. I was talking about some solution similar to DIY lens baby. Yes , every swing will departure the focus from the film plane and will lose sharpness. I looked to my camera and lens back diameter is very near to camera mount diameter , it is not possible to move right left.
    Well , today , I will sell my all cameras and buy a Rollei 35. After long years , I will have a camera which I can trust ,will suprise me , teach me aesthetics.
    I made a mistake and bought a sony with vario tessar , images excellent at small lcd but prints are awful.
    I am very happy to find a Rollei 35 here. Its 5 AM here and I cant wait the morning. I have to sleep , Furtwangler and Brahms are playing nice sleeping music to my neighbors

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Canon's manual focus TS-E lenses are the best bet, though one of these will set you back c. $2,000 new, or around $1,700 second hand. NO issues with sharpness, resolution etc., but the 24mm needs to be critically focused especially with any tilt applied. Viewers at my gallery often think my 35mm Ilfochromes were made on large format; they are not; all done on EOS 1N with TS-E24mm!

The cheaper alternative is the interesting LensBaby but its effect is more abstract/aesthetic rather than clinically precise.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I think cheaper alternative is a 400 dollar tilt shift MF KIEV lens but today problem will be forgotten and new camera will come to home.
    Rollie 35

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin