Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,988   Posts: 1,524,071   Online: 1052

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

help - canon QL17 went bleh

I have a mint canon QL17 giii that I went throught the trouble of replacing the seals on. I was running my first roll of film through it when the shutter just stopped at 24. After i rewound the film and closed the back the film advance would work, taking me to frame 1. But the shutter still refuses to fire.
    I tried replacing the battery to see if it would make a difference but no.

Is there anything I should try to get it going again or should I just get another one?
    Go not to the elves for counsel, for they will say both yes and no.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you have the shutter on A it won't fire if there is no battery or an electrical problem. You did try it on the manual settings right? I think if you take the bottom cover off you might be able to watch the action of the winding /shutter cocking mechanism. Maybe there is a part not catching.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    domaz is correct, but I just wanted to clarify the recommendation for the OP. It's the aperture ring that you need to set on an f-stop other than A, not the shutter ring. The Canonet is shutter priority, there is no A on the shutter speed ring.
    Reid

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rjbuzzclick/

"If I had a nickel for every time I had to replace a camera battery, I'd be able to get the #@%&$ battery cover off!" -Me

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I have tried all the manual apertures and all shutter speeds including bulb. The shutter does not release.
    Does anyone know if the shutter release mechanism is in the top, bottom, or front?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What colour is the film winding indicator on the back?

Is the self-timer partially engaged?

Is the rewind button stuck?

If you need a copy of the service manual (actually more of a parts manual) send me an email.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm not sure if this is helpful, but I found it on another forum: http://www.rangefinderforum.com/foru...ead.php?t=8497

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    OK, from what Ive read it looks like i need to clean the shutter blades. I will probably have to make a special tool to remove the rear element without damaging it.

Everything seems to be very tight on this camera. A testiment to the fine quality of the camera. But a bane to repairs.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    yop i have 2 dead ql17 gIII's now and just bought another one on fleabay... these things just don't last for me

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin