Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,944   Posts: 1,557,722   Online: 1204

Shooter
    Large Format

Zeiss Ikonta 524/16...Prontor Shutter

Folks;

I have a Ziess Ikonta 524/16 that is in beautiful condition except the shutter (Prontor S) is very, very sticky. Any advice re: cleaning and adjustment would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Much--Joe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi, I've got an 523/16 and had the shutter cleaned by Certo6 aka Jürgen Kreckel just last month. While some say his work is no good: I have to say that my shutter works beautifully now, he was very responsive and the price was very reasonable I think. (58€+14€ for shipping)

If you want to do it yourself: taking the shutter off the camera is pretty easy and so is dismantling it, but I have to admit that I saw what a Prontor looks like on the inside on the web and decided that I need someone to do it for me

Here's a nice page with some info and additional links: http://www.davidrichert.com/zeiss_52...id_shutter.htm It's about a Compur shutter, but taking your folder apart is pretty similar. Also the links at the end lead to some nice info as well.
    Last edited by noeffred; 06-27-2010 at 05:02 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: added links

Shooter
    Digital Negs
    taking the shutter off the camera is pretty easy and so is dismantling it
    Unfortunately the difficult bit is putting it back together :o:o

nn

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a Welta Weltax with a sticky shutter and malfunctioning slow speeds. Tempor shutter. Not really sure I want to try to open it up myself with the stories I've read about Tempor shutters having un-anchored springs. Don't want it to start spewing springs once I take off whatever's keeping them in place.

Best of luck with getting your folder cleaned up! (:

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You could try removing the elements then flushing with Propanol or lighter fuel, that's revived all my older shutters including an Ibsor (older version of Prontor).

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hey

I found another site which might help you:http://www3.telus.net/public/rpnchbc...0cleaning.html

best of luck!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I do not know how much experience you have with cleaning the cameras, if not alot I would second Ian suggestion to use some lighter fluid, however try not to get it into the lens, or the bellows, do not use any of WD-40 lubricants, if you decide to clean it yourself. I you can take the shutter out without taking it apart I would get a cheap ultrasonic jewelry cleaner fill it with ligher fluid and try to clean the entire shutter, then do not rinse it, and just let it dry, put a tiny drops of clock oil and see if it comes back to life. I do not know if it is wise to use syringe to oil the shutter, just get a piece of wire, hammer it a bit until it is elliptical shape and use that as an oiler.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin