Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,846   Posts: 1,582,705   Online: 1013

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm View Post
    QG, I gave the relevant answer, viz., the lens in question's flange-to-film distance. Your post was correct, as nearly all of your posts are, but irrelevant.

Is that clearer, son?
    It was as (ir)relevant as the thing it was in reply to.

Why then, Daddy, did you say nothing about that post, or the rest of the answers in this thread that didn't provide your relevant answer?
    Please explain, Dad, because it's much, much more interesting than that "relevant answer".
    Last edited by Q.G.; 07-03-2010 at 10:07 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Forgot to include the quote of mr. I'll tell you, and you, and you, what's proper!.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Son, if I posted what I thought about the responses to this thread I'd be banned. Permanently. I banned myself from posting APUG a while ago to avoid the pain of resisting the temptation to take bait as offered here, should probably revert to lurking and thinking evil thoughts. The worst of it is that most of the posts that provoke evil thoughts were put up with the best of intentions.

I think I answered the OP's question directly and tersely. It was about a specific lens' flange-to-film distance when focused at infinity. You're right, though, the question wasn't as clear as it could have been. Perhaps I read too little into it.

Cheers,

Dan

Thinking about bait and temptation, during the spring trout season I spend several mornings trying to catch fish from Stony Brook where it crosses US 206 south of Princeton, NJ. As water temperature rises the panfish come out and start to beat the trout to the bait. This year I paid close attention to the small Rock Bass I released; many had partially-healed hook damage. Slow learners, I guess.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm View Post
    Son, if I posted what I thought about the responses to this thread I'd be banned. Permanently. I banned myself from posting APUG a while ago to avoid the pain of resisting the temptation to take bait as offered here, should probably revert to lurking and thinking evil thoughts. The worst of it is that most of the posts that provoke evil thoughts were put up with the best of intentions.

I think I answered the OP's question directly and tersely. It was about a specific lens' flange-to-film distance when focused at infinity. You're right, though, the question wasn't as clear as it could have been. Perhaps I read too little into it.

Cheers,

Dan

Thinking about bait and temptation, during the spring trout season I spend several mornings trying to catch fish from Stony Brook where it crosses US 206 south of Princeton, NJ. As water temperature rises the panfish come out and start to beat the trout to the bait. This year I paid close attention to the small Rock Bass I released; many had partially-healed hook damage. Slow learners, I guess.
    Dad,

You should indeed consider banning yourself. It's best for all of us.

Your remark was and is way out of line.
    I had attributed it to a temporary lapse in your straight thinking abilities, but you haven't taken the opportunity to set that straight. Given what you write above, i'll have to conclude that my assumption was partly right, partly wrong. The wrong bit being in the "temporary" part.

Let me act like you for a bit, and point out to you that you should be ashamed of yourself for even thinking that a "Perhaps I read too little into it" would even fool the idiots you apparantly think inhabit APUG into believing it to be a reasonable explanation.
    If you really think we're that dumb, please do ban yourself for life.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well, m'boy, you're not that dumb, as shown by my failure to fool you. Wicked, yes, dumb, no.

You're mistaken, I don't think straight. Never have. Clearly, yes, straight, no.

I'll consider y'r well-meant sage advice, for which much thanks.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Q.G.

Why is it that about maybe 2/3rd's of every thread that you post in ends up being some argument involving you ?

I'm sure you'll have an appropriate response and point out my error, which begs the question why I even bother asking such questions, idle times call for it is about all I can muster...

:rolleyes:
    Cleared the bowel problem, working on the consonants...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nick, in fairness, this time I provoked him.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin