Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,623   Online: 694

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

New Optical Glass Production Patents

I invite everyone to look below listed patents. They are about optical glass production technologies with sol gel.

Their common point is to produce a si doped chemical soup , than convert it to a gel , mold it and than cook it.

I am dreaming production of galile telescope or inverted galile telescope and Soviet cinema square front anamorphic lenses since 95.

There was no internet here and I waited to reach to a point.

There is also laser exposed gel technology in these patents.

I think this technology covered with black research and optical glass production articles goes rare last 5 years.

Its possible to sinter with intense electric and no one is talking about.

Look from google patents.

Best ,

Mustafa Umut Sarac

Istanbul

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Mustafa: as always (mostly) your posting is a source of new insight or at least mind provoking.

BUT in case we (forum camera building...) are in state to machine the needed mold, we are not THAT far from machining the lens by abrasive techniques from an off the shelf block of glass of known optical parameters.

So, why bothering with even making the glass (with questionable outcome) oneself?
    Does that technique yield more possibilities regarding the optical parameters?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    You can order your original lens from high precision rapid prototyping machine , they lap it after the SLA creates steps on it and than you mold it with silicon polymer.

I think you take mold as steel one , I am talking about plastic one.

This is nearly all liquid process. You dont need to invest in expensive glasses and risk to cut your hand when lapping.

May be you can produce 1 hand grinded lens but I am talking about hundreds.

The biggest problem is to predict your sol gel glasses strech factor by heat for mold design.

And all the specifications of your glass and final product design.

Can you understand correctly , you produce glass from cold liquid base and the heat is faraway less than glass melting degree.

You produce glass and the lens at the same time.

Of course , you can get help from a university.

umut
    Last edited by Mustafa Umut Sarac; 07-15-2010 at 06:58 PM. Click to view previous post history.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes, I thought of a steel mold. ( I admit I did not read the patents yet...)

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    AgX ,

Thank you for your nice words.

Umut

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin