Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,919   Posts: 1,556,435   Online: 1183

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Soliciting your services.... Rollei 35 SE with sticky shutter

Howdy all,

So this might be a little out of the ordinary, but I think it's an under-utilized opportunity on APUG. I'm curious if anyone here would be willing to repair my camera.

The cost of a CLA for a 35 SE from *the reputable Rollei repairer* is around $124. I would prefer not to spend this kind of cash. The only problem is sticky slow speeds, where below 1/15th they are almost acting like the bulb setting; only closing once you release the shutter or with a "hardy jiggle" (that just sounds weird).

The fast speeds seem to be good. And I'd also like to know if the meter is working before dropping $30 for the CRIS adapter.

So, let me know what you think, or PM me with an offer. I don't see why the knowledgable people here on APUG shouldn't have the opportunity to earn some money for their expertise while saving other members some money by bypassing businesses that need to charge certain amounts just to stay in biz.

I apologize if this kind of "soliciation" is prohibited on APUG.

Thanks!

Chris 'holmburgers' H.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    anybody? Kind of a long shot I realize.

In addition to some payment, I'd be willing to throw in 2 non-working Yashica GSN rangefinders, (one is black!), and a Bell & Howell/Canon Canonet (1.7). All broken, but if you're good at fixing stuff you could turn these around on fleaBay for a nice chunk of pocket change.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Holmburgers ,

I bought Rollei 35 S few weeks ago and same problem.
    It takes 120 dollars to 120 euros to repair.
    Someone told me it is may be water contact.
    Its a good camera but absolutely no Leica.
    Its very hard to find a shop develop with fresh soup without replenisher.
    They are selling kodak film with lots of russian and I didnt like it.
    Negatives received too light cause of faster shutter speeds need.
    But It took my best nature photograph ever also.
    Frankly , I dont like Zeiss highlights on face shots , they appear withouıt any details at highlights. I am missing my Summicron gives cream de la cream skin tones , excellent reds , oranges , blacks and greys.
    I will try with ektachrome and plus x in weston pyro abc.
    I have no money and craving here. It kills the art.

I think you have no chance to repair the camera without new replacements parts. Its a very small camera and complex. So need someone who needs to much money like me or who loves these cameras very much.

There is a Aermenian at my 35 post below and he says fixing could cost 75 dollars with new parts change.

Ask him.

He only quotes when he sees the camera. New York is his city , NJ.
    Last edited by Mustafa Umut Sarac; 07-24-2010 at 04:19 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    75 dollars is pretty good. I'll see what he says, thanks Mustafa!

I think the Rollei will be perfect to just carry in my pocket on ski trips, etc. I'm still glad to have it, despite any weaknesses.

Cheers!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Open the camera back , open the gate and shot a bulb , see if there is dirt in the lens

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    pretty clean, not dirty enough to worry about

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin