Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,993   Posts: 1,524,264   Online: 1025

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rack and Pinion

Falkland Islands: not any more now I'm in Lincolnshire UK
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    If you read my original post you will see that I said that McMaster Carr will not post post outside of america.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by NormanV View Post
    Thank you for your offer Tim, I will bear you in mind if I have a problem with another lead that I have. Except it would have to be USPS as UPS don't deliver here.
    Whatever works for you. Happy to help out.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by NormanV View Post
    If you read my original post you will see that I said that McMaster Carr will not post post outside of america.
    But they state:
    If we are shipping your order outside of the US and Canada, we will ship small parcels via DHL and larger shipments through one of our forwarders.

So, with both cases it must either be something related to your special case (long item to the Falklands), or those sites can't be trusted.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    AgX, I emailed McMaster Carr for a quote for the postage and they just stated that they would not post outside of america. They did not offer any alternatives. Do you know the cost of packages sent via DHL? It would make the whole project untenable.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I was just poking around on the USPS website, and they are not going to be exactly cheap.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Do you think its a language terminology thing? Post seems like an odd term to me. Perhaps they think you mean post office like US Postal Service? Perhaps if you asked if they would "ship" to the Falklands?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    It could possibly be to do with language, I am English and to me shipping is what you use boats for and living here I do not want it sent by ship. It could take 3 months to get here.
    I checked on USPS website and their length limit is, I believe, 37" so my 24" rack should not be a problem. There are many companies that won't post overseas, I wonder why not?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin