Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,000   Posts: 1,524,334   Online: 701

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Balda Baldixette fixing flash sync

Hi everyone,

my Balda Baldixette does fire the flash if I connect it to the PC port but it is out of sync. Does anyone know how to fix it or how flash sync is achieved with this camera? It is a very simple design. I imagine not too hard to fix if one knew how.

This model is from a time before electronic flash. Could that be the reason why it does not sync properly with my modern flash guns?

Cheers,
    Greg

I believe M-synch you have fires the electronic flash before the shutter is open.
    X-synch for electronic flash was on top-of-the-range cameras in the 1950's
    www.wctatel.net/web/crye/z-i120.htm
    I have a late model Zeiss Ikonta 521, so far it is the least expensive 50's camera I have come across with X-synch.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    In principle one could install an (electronic) retarder on the M-contact. Though I do not know if such was ever commercialized...

Off Topic:
    `Balda Baldixette´..., I guess one should buy such a camera at least for its name.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for your replies guys. I think that answers my question. There isn't actually anything wrong with the camera. Therefore, nothing to fix really. Just M-sync dosen't fire electronic flash correctly. Good to have that confirmed.

I guess that closes this thread.

@ AgX: I have to agree. The name was one of the reasons I got this camera. It dosen't take too bad a photo though for something that is 60+ years old.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin