Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,930   Posts: 1,585,388   Online: 976

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I had this problem happen to me on vacation a few weeks ago. The camera would not fire, I checked all the appropriate things as you said. It was only with the 75 lens. So I assumed the shutter had gone out on it. When I was ready to give up and have the lens serviced I cleaned the contacts with an eraser and it worked.

I see you've already tried this. May I also suggest making sure that when you attach a new lens you hear a definitive "click." If you do not hear this click the contacts are not properly connected. Also with the lens mount button, same thing, make sure you hear a "click" when you pull the lens mount out so that it is properly snapped into place.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Unfortunately I hear click always.. I have this problem always when camera is "ON": sometimes it works fine, sometimes it doesn't work...
    I use 50mm but also with 75mm I have this problem... I think is a problem of camera contacts rather lens contacts.
    However can you describe me what are the electronic contacts that I have to try to clean with an eraser?
    thanks

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Blog Entries
    Images
    On the back of the lens there are a few brass colored circles. Rub them lightly with a clean eraser. Same with the camera body, there are a few brass colored ribbed prongs.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Nothing... I tried to clean with an eraser, but nothing. The problem is that now i see always the red led and shutter no longer works
    Now Mamiya is unusable.
    However thank you all, i hope a photorepairer will be able to help me when i come back from holidays.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I wish you luck with your Mamiya 6. Please report back and let us know exactly what the problem was.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    I examined well my camera, and I think that is not an electronic problem. I think is a problem of loading and advancing film mechanism.
    Firstly my camera works fine and the shutter always fires without a film loaded. The problem maybe is when a film is loaded. I read on Mamiya 6 manual that :If the film is not properly aligned with the “V” indicator, the film may be improperly loaded." Maybe I didn't well aligned film and I improperly loaded it... I don't know why sometimes it worked and sometimens no.
    Moreover the manuale says that the red led indicator illuminates when the film is not loaded... but when my camera is empty shutter works fine and i don't see any red light.

This is not a problem... this is a mystery!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Maybe you can hook up with someone who already uses the Mamiya 6 and see how they load it.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Loading is easy. You advance the film until the arrow on the backing paper lines up with the line above the opening in the back. Then you close the back (even if you're in mid-advance) and continue winding until you cannot wind anymore, then look at the window to make sure you're on frame #1.

Shooter
    35mm
    I had similar problem. Once in a while, the camera just won't fire. I had to press the emergency release button ( below the cable release socket ). About 1/2 yr ago, it just stops working. I bough mine to the repair shop and it turns out the internal circuitry is rusted. It costs a big chunk of $ to fix it since there is no parts. Mamiya 6 is not well-weather sealed so be careful when you take it to the beach.

Hope it's nothing serious with your camera.
    David
    Last edited by photo4fun; 08-17-2010 at 02:33 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Ok I well loaded the film and for now (3 rolls) it worked fine. However sometimes I saw the right led, but pressing the back it disappeared and the shutter worked fine, or sometimes the red led after a while disappeared itself. I think the problem is that the back doesn't press well the film and sometimes mamiya "thinks" the film is not loaded.
    However for now it worked well and the problem is surely in the back with a film loaded... Anyway I will give my camera to photorepaires for a general check. The mistery continues...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin