Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,760   Posts: 1,516,077   Online: 889

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    35mm
    Best I can tell, the meter sensor that BetterSense used is sensitive to IR
    Indeed; I have never tried to use it as an IR meter, but when I was testing it without an IR filter, green foliage in sunlight read about 2 stops brighter than pavement, which is hardly what you expect based on visible light but is consistent with IR.
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    I suppose 741's are analogue enough, for the purist, a Philbrick op-amp would be better.

In reality, a couple of discretes are all that are needed for a decent light-meter.

and Yes, Chromium, one of my favourite metals.
    - Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexavalent View Post
    C'mon we're supposed to be Analog here - how about a couple 12au7's and a neon voltage reference
    That's my sort of electronics! See Valve Audio link below!

Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BetterSense View Post
    There is no real circuit diagram; all the information is in the TSL230 datasheet. Here's a picture of two of my older meters though.
    I'm interested in how you narrowed the field of view for the spot meter (lens?, pinhole?). Does it have a viewfinder so you know what you're pointing it at?

Shooter
    35mm
    I just use a lens, exactly like a camera. The longer the focal length, the smaller the angle intercepted by the sensor. Brightness is controlled by F/ratio exactly like a camera, so a longer lens tends to have a worse aperture, though. Right now I'm using a coated, F/.9, 18mm lens, which is very compact, but only gets me a 4 degree spot in low light. Since my sensor can adjust its active area according to brightness, in medium (room) light, my spot size is .4 degrees and in sunlight it's theoretically .04 degrees although with flare I'm not sure that's a meaningful number.

If I wasn't a compactness maniac I have a f/2, 50mm lens that I would use. I suppose this is similar to the lenses used on Pentax spotmeters and so on.

Aiming is accomplished by sighting through a peephole that runs through the length of the meter, which consists of 4-5mm diameter aluminum tubing. It's a bit squinty but works well. I've considered adding some rifle sights, but they would stick out.
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've got a 50mm Nikon lens with a bad blade,,, hummm. Was looking for a broken spot meter to use as a base, with the splitter already built. How about building the thing into one of the 620 film Kodak TLR's, or even an Argus C3?

I'll go back thru the thread and take a look at the software and PIC side now

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin