Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,878   Posts: 1,629,462   Online: 989

Shooter
    35mm

Nikon FE light meter calibration

My FE is 1.5 stops in front of my FM and FM2n. I could put the ASA setting 1.5 stops down, but when using ASA 20 that isn't an option (as it will only go down to 12). Would any body be able to give me some pointers about where to start? I'll strip it down etc., but where do you adust the meter?

Thanks for any help
    Harry

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    This reminds me of the old Chinese saying about the man with one clock always knowing the time but the man with 2 or more never being sure. I amuse myself with this exercise, usually in the dead of winter,and conclude''"why worry?" Sometimes focus screens can figure into the puzzle but so too can exposure compensation settings--is everyone on the same page? Teardown seems extreme. Why not just err on the side of over-exposure with C41 films and/or work within an adjusted ISO range?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Send it out, replace it, shoot in manual mode and hand held meter.

Or, get the exposure with the meter, switch to manual, and adjust the setting for the error.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    35mm
    ok, so what you're both saying, is basically it's not worth it for 1.5 stops?

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    IMHO, no. By means of ISO adjustment or the exp. comp dial, just get it close what your known-accurate cameras say. Put a note to yourself in the memo slot on the back.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If it bothers you take it to a camera technician and have it adjusted by someone who knows what they're doing, to try and dismantle it yourself would be foolish if anyone could fix their own camera there wouldn't need to be such a thing repairers.
    Ben

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin