Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,930   Posts: 1,585,373   Online: 980

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Beginning to wonder...

...if Leica used Lucas for their electronics in the R4...

Got an intermittent issue, where the meter comes on when you depress the shutter release halfway, but everything goes dead when you depress it the rest of the way. Only way to resurrect the camera seems to be to switch it to either B or the orange 1/100 mechanical speed, then fire it. Once that happens, the camera comes back to life. Essentially, every few frames, the Prince of Darkness visits.

Yes, the serial number is below 1,600,000. Was from the summer of '81. 155xxxx serial. My original R4 had meter issues and shutter speed indicator issues, but would at least fire the shutter reliably. Thinking I might retire this one back to Camera Clinic, which is where I got it from, and just wait until a later body is available. Or, maybe an affordable R5 will show up somewhere.
    APUG: F2AS x2, F, FM2n, Nikomat FTn
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 20/3.5 UD, 24/2.8 AI, 50/2 AI, 50/1.4 AI, 50/1.4 S, 55/2.8 Micro AIS, 85/1.8 K, 135/3.5 QC

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Derp... Dirty battery contacts... Cleaned, now fine.

-J

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin