Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,703   Posts: 1,482,674   Online: 741

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

110mm f:1 Fluro Ektar

I bought a Fluro Ektar 110 mm f:1 lens from a junkyard for 50 cents. It is in excellent condition but I remember it was for x ray.
    Can I take photographs with it ? What is the film size ? How can I add a shutter and a diagram ?
    It is extremelly heavy , it is difficult to hold with one hand.

Thank you ,

Mustafa Umut Sarac
    Istanbul

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Aperture might be tough, but you could mount it on a Graflex or similar camera w/ FP shutter. I'm sure others will have better advice.

Found an interesting link....

http://www.sciencemag.org/cgi/issue_...f/117/3028.pdf
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Holmsburgers ,

Thank you for the link . It says their lens is for 1:16 magnification , same spec with my lens. I think I have a treasure. It spent its last year in living room with porcelains
    It is ultimate heavy and with a extreme thick brass jacket. I saw some Ektar pictures at 1957 and 1958 Popular Photography Annals and they were matchless. I will scan them tomorrow and post here.
    I had been made a box with carton and a oily paper to see its image dimension , it was big , may be 8x10 or bigger. I think It will force me to buy some plywood and film.
    I think there are more chances to see a nude woman at window at night at skycrapers area

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    hahaha, look forward to the scans as well as the nude woman...
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sitting on my desk here is a f1.5 111mm Fluro Ektar for a mag ratio of 1:6. Makes a good paperweight and a stand for the TV remote control. It weighs about 4.5 lbs and it has more than a little CA with white light.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm puzzled.
    Those lenses were made for economical documentation of X-ray mass screening, by not exposing a large film directly by x-rays but by mini copying the image of a large x-ray fluorescent screen onto small format film.

Mustafa though experienced that the lens yields a rather huge image circe, and thus angle of view (at what extention?).
    The description in that magazine speaks of only 7.5mm space between rear lens and film for minification!

EDIT:
    It doers not need to have a large (unused) angle of view. In case that lens has a common angle of view but a large filmside angle of coverage, by using at large extension, a large image will result.
    Last edited by AgX; 09-23-2010 at 08:40 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Fluro Ektars were made to cover a variety of film and video formats, I'll ask my dad, who worked for GE Medical for a few decades, about what formats they used way back when.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    By using a substantial extension the speed of that lens will fall.

That magazine states 25x18mm as image size to be covered.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Maybe Mustafa should post pictures of this lens he has.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin